About the AlphaBiolabs Home Maternity Test Kit
The purpose of a DNA maternity test is to ascertain if there is a biological relationship between a child and a possible mother. It can provide the definitive answers a family needs in a number of different situations, such as:
- When an adopted child and mother are reunited after years of separation and would like to confirm their biological relationship
- When a mother who conceived a child through in vitro fertilization would like to confirm that the correct embryo was implanted into her uterus
- When there are concerns that baby switching has mistakenly occurred within a hospital
AlphaBiolabs is an ISO 17025-accredited laboratory, meeting the very highest international quality standards. In fact, we look for up to 42 genetic markers, a process that uses the very latest DNA technology to ensure accuracy so that the procedure produces conclusive maternity results. You will receive your results by email within 3–5 working days after our laboratory has received your samples.
What is in your Home Maternity DNA Test Kit?
The AlphaBiolabs peace of mind DNA maternity test kit contains the following:
- The testing request form.
- Complete instructions on how to take the DNA samples and return them to AlphaBiolabs.
- An already-addressed mailing envelope for sending the DNA samples back to AlphaBiolabs.
- Three DNA sample collection swab packages, each holding two swabs
- Individual DNA sample envelopes for the mother and child.
- Extra individuals can be easily added in the product options.
Easy and painless sample collection
Our maternity test kit includes mouth swabs that you rub gently and painlessly on the inside of the cheek. There is no need for needles or other invasive techniques.
Kits are shipped quickly
We mail out your kit the same day you order it. You can choose to receive your kit by USPS Standard or Express Mail.
As soon as AlphaBiolabs receives your DNA samples in our lab we begin the testing process. We will then email your results in 3–5 working days.
Our normal procedure is to send the results by email, but for an additional fee we can send you a hard copy as well. Check the product options.
Maternity tests are nearly 100% conclusive
AlphaBiolabs DNA maternity test results are extremely accurate. AlphaBiolabs is an ISO 17025-accredited laboratory, meeting the very highest international quality standards.
Can kits be sent to two addresses?
AlphaBiolabs can mail the DNA test kits to two different addresses. There will be an option to list a 2nd address when you check out.
What is Peace of Mind Testing?
AlphaBiolabs offer peace of mind testing with all of our DNA test kits.
This simply means that the sample collection can be done more quickly and easily for your convenience. In most cases your DNA sample can be collected privately at home without the need to have a more costly and time consuming third-party verify the DNA sample collection.
The testing procedure and your accurate results are exactly the same as a chain of control test, but are not admissible in court proceedings.