DNA relationship testing has become readily available to everyone over the past few years, but how do you know that the results of a potentially life-changing test are accurate? In this blog, we’ll look at the accreditations and proficiency testing schemes that AlphaBiolabs has in place to ensure that your tests results are 100% accurate, every time.
DNA tests are used daily by hundreds of thousands of people across the globe to prove whether or not two or more people are biologically related, from paternity and prenatal paternity tests, to maternity, grandparent, aunt, uncle, twin, and sibling tests, as well as revealing baby gender,
At AlphaBiolabs, we have carried out over 1 million genetic tests in our accredited laboratories since 2004, so we are highly experienced at giving precise results! We use a wide variety of robust measures to ensure our team of skilled scientists and laboratories are always operating at the highest standards, so you can be confident that the results of your test will always be 100% accurate.
Our measures include:
Industry accreditations – We are accredited to ISO 17025 (No. 2773), the internationally recognised standard for Testing & Calibration Laboratories. We also hold ISO 9001, the international standard for the quality management of businesses, so you can rest assured that you’ll aways get the best customer service from us.
Proficiency testing – We regularly take part in proficiency testing (PT) schemes and inter-laboratory comparisons (ILC) with other testing laboratories to further confirm that the methods we use and the results we generate in our accredited laboratory are 100% precise. PT and ILC are widely recognized as industry best practice across the testing sector.
PT schemes are organized by independent third parties, who send identical sample materials to all participating laboratories for testing. Once the samples are processed and the data is analyzed by each laboratory using their own validated processes, the results are returned to the independent third party to assess whether the results obtained are correct.
For ILC, testing laboratories that perform similar testing services exchange completely anonymized samples with each other and perform the analysis. The results are then exchanged to ensure that both laboratories obtain matching results.
Why choose AlphaBiolabs?
As well as having formal accreditations in place and making sure we continually benchmark our proficiency, there are lots of other reasons to choose AlphaBiolabs for your testing:
- We analyze up to 42 DNA markers (loci) on all our relationship tests, which is double the industry standard and the best available on the market, so you get the most accurate and conclusive results every time.
- We re-test every exclusion DNA result twice to be 100% sure of our results and all our DNA testing is performed in-house.
- We are innovators in extracting DNA from unusual sources! We offer a toothbrush DNA test and we can also test nail clippings.
- Our test kits are shipped direct to your preferred address in discreet, plain packaging.
- We offer DNA test results with a fast turnaround – you’ll have the answers you need in as little as 3 business days*
- We have performed over ONE MILLION genetic tests since 2004, so you can be confident that you’re in safe hands!
How do I order a DNA test?
From just $109, you can quickly and easily find out the truth about your family relationships.
It’s easy to order your peace of mind DNA test online now. For confidential advice about which test might best suit your needs, please email our friendly Customer Services team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Working days from when DNA samples are received by the laboratory.
Order a DNA Test
View our full range of DNA tests available from our award-winning laboratory.